Welcome to Timeline Photos. A few years back I started peeking around my archives in search of some of the first photographs I had taken. Here records my quest into better understanding my long term love of camera and experiencing the world with it in hand. All photos appear in chronological order hopefully revealing an evolution of how I see and what moves me to speak with light.

Images are licensed Creative Commons BY-NC-SA. You are welcome to share an image given that you credit me, Irene Kato, as photographer with mention of my blog link, 'irenekatophotos.blogspot.com'.

Contact irenekatophotos@gmail.com for information about prints, permissions, and on-site assignments. Thank you!!

(Photo credit Phil Monahan of Orvis)


Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome new light

1.03.12:

I owe a personal thank you to the airline attendant who helped us work out a seating nightmare by making multiple changes and hooking us up with a pair of seats on the east side of the plane.  My husband and older daughter had a pair on the west side, and I happily scooted into our two seater row with my youngest by the window.  The nicest thing about flying above the clouds at 6 AM is that you can always count on a sunrise.  This one was going to be special since it was the first one of 2012, so even before I saw anything I was excited.


I took plenty of photos, and was most excited by the subtle catch light on the wing of the plane.  I was having troubles with my lens again with it not functioning under certain focal lengths, so I used the trick of shooting in video mode.  For whatever reason my lens will work at all focal lengths under that setting.  Taken I don't have the same controls and the resolution isn't as high, but I could work around that in order to capture a few images.


I'm guessing that I stopped taking pictures, to the relief of the young man sitting behind us, after about an hour.  After that time I was paying more attention to the emergency medical situation of the woman in front of me who couldn't breathe properly without an oxygen tank, but that I will save for another post and set of documentary photos.



So here are a handful + from the many.

The coming of the sun on New Year's morning 2012.




























No comments:

Post a Comment