Welcome to Timeline Photos. A few years back I started peeking around my archives in search of some of the first photographs I had taken. Here records my quest into better understanding my long term love of camera and experiencing the world with it in hand. All photos appear in chronological order hopefully revealing an evolution of how I see and what moves me to speak with light.

Images are licensed Creative Commons BY-NC-SA. You are welcome to share an image given that you credit me, Irene Kato, as photographer with mention of my blog link, 'irenekatophotos.blogspot.com'.

Contact irenekatophotos@gmail.com for information about prints, permissions, and on-site assignments. Thank you!!

(Photo credit Phil Monahan of Orvis)


Thursday, April 16, 2015

bouquet of irises


Buy yourself a bouquet of irises, and watch them bloom in the rain. `~ Me

The other day I bumped into a friend at Trader Joe's on my way out of shopping.  She had a bouquet of irises, and I knew that on my way in I had said to myself to remember to buy one.  I added it to my basket, and walked out with them in hand.  My friend and I talked a bit outside before heading to our cars.

During the week, I kept them inside my house on our round dining table, but today I was prompted to take them out into the rich, wet green of our backyard.  I placed the vase on the deck edge, and the blooms looked gorgeous against the green in the falling rain.

I have different shots, but this composition serves the iris group best.  I most appreciate the connection shared with my friend also enjoying the process of her blooms.  Special.

No comments:

Post a Comment