Welcome to Timeline Photos. A few years back I started peeking around my archives in search of some of the first photographs I had taken. Here records my quest into better understanding my long term love of camera and experiencing the world with it in hand. All photos appear in chronological order hopefully revealing an evolution of how I see and what moves me to speak with light.

Images are licensed Creative Commons BY-NC-SA. You are welcome to share an image given that you credit me, Irene Kato, as photographer with mention of my blog link, 'irenekatophotos.blogspot.com'.

Contact irenekatophotos@gmail.com for information about prints, permissions, and on-site assignments. Thank you!!

(Photo credit Phil Monahan of Orvis)


Monday, November 7, 2011

Moon play


I stepped outside around 11:30 with my dog and looked up to see low lying clouds floating over the tree tops filtering the moon light.  It looked like I could touch them, and I loved the play of light, wind, and clouds as they passed by to my right toward the west.   Sometimes a halo orange/sepia formed and other times the faint appearance of the spectrum.   After laying on the ground, waiting, watching, shooting, and enjoying,  I was able to nearly capture the "night rainbow" of my experience.

4 comments:

  1. Nice one Irene! Do you always go out with your camera?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, G. In this case I had to run inside to get it, but for treks away from the house I usually have it with me. If there's a location or event I want to shoot, I make preparations with the camera and lens ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well guess what? Yesterday night I also saw a moon rainbow and I had to think of you :-)
    I ran to get my camera but I only had time to take a few pictures, I was still looking for the right settings when the clouds moved away so I didn't get anything even remotely close to this. Which settings did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. nevermind... I saw all of the details in picasa :-)

    ReplyDelete