Welcome to Timeline Photos. A few years back I started peeking around my archives in search of some of the first photographs I had taken. Here records my quest into better understanding my long term love of camera and experiencing the world with it in hand. All photos appear in chronological order hopefully revealing an evolution of how I see and what moves me to speak with light.

Images are licensed Creative Commons BY-NC-SA. You are welcome to share an image given that you credit me, Irene Kato, as photographer with mention of my blog link, 'irenekatophotos.blogspot.com'.

Contact irenekatophotos@gmail.com for information about prints, permissions, and on-site assignments. Thank you!!

(Photo credit Phil Monahan of Orvis)


Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Tiger blur



Back and forth, back and forth.

Mike the Tiger, LSU's team mascot, was out and active, and his pacing along the double fencing was persistent.  I kept seeing that blur of striped color in the criss-cross as he padded by and grunted on his turns.  I've taken many photos of Mike before, and I needed to be creative without my zoom.  I waited with my camera against the outer fencing, focusing on the inner fencing where Mike continued to pass.  The shutter speed was slow enough to show some motion yet still able to capture his patterns.  A small crop to remove some background space helped me center on what I wanted.





If you see a young redhead woman looking for Mike photos, these are hers.  Like I said, Mike was active and he surprisingly took a dip into his pool.  (His living conditions are quite impressive.  Better than a good percentage of Baton Rouge residents.  I still feel funky about watching this beautiful creature in captivity, though.)  I took these quick shots, which could have been a lot better if I had thought to change my settings after my shot above.  I gave her my email on the spot, and thought that she sent a message so  I could reply with the photos.  It never showed up, and I wonder if she'll ever get to see these.








No comments:

Post a Comment