Welcome to Timeline Photos. A few years back I started peeking around my archives in search of some of the first photographs I had taken. Here records my quest into better understanding my long term love of camera and experiencing the world with it in hand. All photos appear in chronological order hopefully revealing an evolution of how I see and what moves me to speak with light.

Images are licensed Creative Commons BY-NC-SA. You are welcome to share an image given that you credit me, Irene Kato, as photographer with mention of my blog link, 'irenekatophotos.blogspot.com'.

Contact irenekatophotos@gmail.com for information about prints, permissions, and on-site assignments. Thank you!!

(Photo credit Phil Monahan of Orvis)


Tuesday, October 18, 2011

To the tree






 I almost didn't return today, but thanks to my husband, I got to run out, literally, for another quick visit.  I was Sparkle free, so I was able to set my visions on the Spanish Moss covered tree that sits deeper and further back in the property.  Once again, I stepped into a magical world of mist and shadowy hay bundles as I quickly head back towards the tree.  It was just me out there navigating my now well known path and stopping to take a few photographs on my way.

Upon arrival to the tree, I stepped back to take in the scene of the mist covered field in the background just beginning to reveal the hay bundles.  More than a few frames were spent on that scene, but I wasn't satisfied because I couldn't capture what I wanted without a wide angle lens.  I did my best at 35mm then moved into and under the tree's canopy to take a look from within its limbs.  I loved the scene and feel with the Spanish Moss surrounding me and framing the view.  



As I started to leave, I stopped once again to take in the moment and the experience.  A final shot before running out of this back field.  Who knows how much longer we'll get to appreciate this scene?  I'll be weepy without my morning escape into something other, and it'll be hard to see this field disappear to development.

2 comments:

  1. I imagine it will. So glad you had not one but two opportunities to capture this beautiful setting. But the fact that you woke before dawn, on purpose, really takes me breath away. The images make for a great story setting - perhaps you can do something along the lines of Heron Street by Ann Warren Turner. Remember that children's book?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know that story, Victoria, but I will check it out. I appreciate you making the literature connection, and love that the images triggered some familiarity with you.

    I'm also very thankful for you stopping in to see the photos, read, and comment. Your company is more than welcome and valued. Thank you.

    I've been going out to this field for the past few weekends, but hadn't posted anything until these past few days. The early morning trek for the mist moved me and the photos. Even without the phenomena, I'm likely to be inspired to continue my visits.

    ReplyDelete