Welcome to Timeline Photos. A few years back I started peeking around my archives in search of some of the first photographs I had taken. Here records my quest into better understanding my long term love of camera and experiencing the world with it in hand. All photos appear in chronological order hopefully revealing an evolution of how I see and what moves me to speak with light.

Images are licensed Creative Commons BY-NC-SA. You are welcome to share an image given that you credit me, Irene Kato, as photographer with mention of my blog link, 'irenekatophotos.blogspot.com'.

Contact irenekatophotos@gmail.com for information about prints, permissions, and on-site assignments. Thank you!!

(Photo credit Phil Monahan of Orvis)


Sunday, October 23, 2011

Everyone wants Momma










I woke up early to get to the field, and as I was just about to walk out of the door, my little one woke looking for me.  Still in a daze, she said that she wanted to come with me.  At first I hesitated because this had, in fact, become my sacred time out there in the morning.  I released and went with it, got her dressed quickly, then heard my dog start trotting out to the kitchen.  I supposed that she wanted to come, too, so I got her geared up when my older daughter woke, too.  She agreed to go, changed, and then we all head out together.

So the scene was quite different going down the street.  I was not jogging while holding my camera, but pushing a stroller with one hand and holding Sparkle with the other.  I wore my photo waist pack, and we walked at a good pace looking up at the crescent moon as we went along.  I didn't see any hanging mist and was a bit disappointed, but things were already different so it all fit in.

Once at the field and reaching the entry point, things turned magic again.  The girls' eyes were wow'd by the early morning sky as we walked across towards the back area.  I wanted them to see the sun breaking through the clouds, so we had to keep moving to get a good vantage point.  The hay bundles greeted us, and welcomed the girls to take a spot on top.  They tried out a few, needing a good push to get on top.  It was all fun trying to find the right one while racing the sun.

It's so interesting doing this whole photography thing with company because you want to soak up the experience while capturing it at the same time.  I could've just put down the camera, but I kept it alongside staying open to seeing the right moment.

We enjoyed a few right moments together, one of my favorites was when my younger daughter put her arm up when the colors started changing as the sun began to break through.  Another was my older daughters need to always run in the sun from hay bundle to hay bundle. 

When they were ready to head back, which was much more sooner than my usual stays, I was so pleased that they had been there with me.  We were together as they added something to my ritual, like the mist adds to the space in the field.  You've just got to cherish these extra little surprises when they're thrown into your life.  They don't always have to be there, but when they are, be open to their presence.


(I like the first image the best for its quality, but like the others because of the story they continue.  The last one is what I shared in G+ for silhouettes, and now that I'm looking at it more, I feel like I'm making myself like that one because of G's arm around E.  I do have the toughest time being decisive about which photo to share.  Go with your instinct.)

1 comment: