Welcome to Timeline Photos. A few years back I started peeking around my archives in search of some of the first photographs I had taken. Here records my quest into better understanding my long term love of camera and experiencing the world with it in hand. All photos appear in chronological order hopefully revealing an evolution of how I see and what moves me to speak with light.

Images are licensed Creative Commons BY-NC-SA. You are welcome to share an image given that you credit me, Irene Kato, as photographer with mention of my blog link, 'irenekatophotos.blogspot.com'.

Contact irenekatophotos@gmail.com for information about prints, permissions, and on-site assignments. Thank you!!

(Photo credit Phil Monahan of Orvis)


Monday, October 17, 2011

In the midst





What an entertaining scene this morning.  I knew that I had to get out to the property before sunrise to get the shot I wanted, and I had to be completely organized to get the girls and myself ready for school and work.  According to my wiring, this usually would be impossible, but I did it.  It had to be my obsession with the hay bundles that drove me with the added plus of the recent mist that surrounds them early mornings.  A woman on a mission, I got myself up and ready, did a bit of my motherly duties, and scooted out of the house with Sparkle and my camera in hand.  It was still pre-dawn, and I knew that time was critical.  I literally jogged down the street holding my camera and talking out loud to my dog to keep her moving.  We ran across the street and into the area being developed on the outskirts of the field.  I didn't have to get much closer to see that we had made it before the sun.  The mists engulfed the field and hay bundles, and I was beyond excited to be stepping into the magic.  There's an actual moment of entry when I feel like I've left behind my dailies and move into a timelessness of sorts.  And on this day, the muted colors and dream-like grain made that transport even more so. 

I shot thoughtfully as I kept moving deeper into the field, but had to turn around after I surprised a local man whose home sits alongside the property.  He was in there for an early morning training session with his dog, and my dog, being the untrained hound she is, completely interrupted.  So we ran back to the outskirts, to our nestling of entry trees, to view it all.  I took more photos of a tree and companion hay bundle in the foreground, and continued to be in awe of the mix of hues and mist.  As I inched out backward of the field and back towards home, the sun broke through and stopped me.  I remembered to breathe and take it in, with a few more shots of course, before I started my running dash back to reality with Sparkle.  Camera in hand, running down the street, and happy.






No comments:

Post a Comment