Welcome to Timeline Photos. A few years back I started peeking around my archives in search of some of the first photographs I had taken. Here records my quest into better understanding my long term love of camera and experiencing the world with it in hand. All photos appear in chronological order hopefully revealing an evolution of how I see and what moves me to speak with light.

Images are licensed Creative Commons BY-NC-SA. You are welcome to share an image given that you credit me, Irene Kato, as photographer with mention of my blog link, 'irenekatophotos.blogspot.com'.

Contact irenekatophotos@gmail.com for information about prints, permissions, and on-site assignments. Thank you!!

(Photo credit Phil Monahan of Orvis)


Sunday, November 13, 2011

If we bury it...

...it will be better.

My nearly 4 year old got very involved in the discovery of a dead possum in front of our house.  We were preparing to bury it when she said this, and then she walked off to get either a shovel or hand covering.  I'm not exactly sure what she meant by "it will get better", but for both of my girls it was if it was something that had to be done.  We had actually discovered a dead mouse, too, and my older daughter insisted on being in charge of its burial preparation.  We had done something like this before for a beautiful Wood Thrush, and covered the spot with a flat heavy stepping stone which we painted once it was set in place.  Today was the same, and this time I got more involved in the painting of a nearby stone not used for a marker.  It felt good to paint and reflect something positive in the experience. The image will remind me that there is always the possibility of a next step taking you somewhere good.  Also, at first I questioned why I wanted to take this picture of her looking at a dead possum, but then requested that she stay put so I could get my camera.  I saw it, I felt it, and now with hindsight I think it's part of the "it will get better" process.  As a photographer, don't look over those instincts.










No comments:

Post a Comment