Welcome to Timeline Photos. A few years back I started peeking around my archives in search of some of the first photographs I had taken. Here records my quest into better understanding my long term love of camera and experiencing the world with it in hand. All photos appear in chronological order hopefully revealing an evolution of how I see and what moves me to speak with light.

Images are licensed Creative Commons BY-NC-SA. You are welcome to share an image given that you credit me, Irene Kato, as photographer with mention of my blog link, 'irenekatophotos.blogspot.com'.

Contact irenekatophotos@gmail.com for information about prints, permissions, and on-site assignments. Thank you!!

(Photo credit Phil Monahan of Orvis)


Friday, November 11, 2011

Final hay bundle run







11/12/11:  This had been a quick visit because Sparkle was really on the move.  I'm not that happy with the quality of my images, so I'll treat them as a final document of the hay bundles in the property.  That morning I had seen a tractor piling up the ones from the front field onto a flatbed, so I expected that all would be gone that night.  Sparkle must have sensed my curiosity because she took me right there during our walk around sunset.  I was surprised, and relieved in a way, that the back fields hadn't been cleared once we arrived.  I was nearly jogging through, but did manage to stop a few times for quick shots.  On our way out, I turned around to check out a couple bundles sitting under a small tree that had turned color (we have very few of those here).  I just liked the dull brown set against the red and oranges, and upon a closer look, a small leaf stuck in a bundle caught my eye.  You've got to appreciate the little things that stand out against the big, and I was able to take a few pictures before Sparkle was on the move again.  With hindsight I'm glad that I had this one last bundle run.  For some reason, there's something to hold onto in that space.

No comments:

Post a Comment