Welcome to Timeline Photos. A few years back I started peeking around my archives in search of some of the first photographs I had taken. Here records my quest into better understanding my long term love of camera and experiencing the world with it in hand. All photos appear in chronological order hopefully revealing an evolution of how I see and what moves me to speak with light.

Images are licensed Creative Commons BY-NC-SA. You are welcome to share an image given that you credit me, Irene Kato, as photographer with mention of my blog link, 'irenekatophotos.blogspot.com'.

Contact irenekatophotos@gmail.com for information about prints, permissions, and on-site assignments. Thank you!!

(Photo credit Phil Monahan of Orvis)


Monday, June 17, 2013

Mandelbrot inclinations

So you know that my brain is in math mode when I start seeing the Mandelbrot set in the images I process.  After recognizing something similar to the iconic fractal image in the outline of the sun coming through the trees, I knew that my math self was resurfacing.  I used to LOVE immersing my energies into explorations of fractal geometry during my graduate studies years ago, and returning to teaching high school students mathematics this summer has reignited plenty of synaptic related activity.  It's a chuckle to have a photographic image representative of a what's floating through my brain.



Tonight, in order to indulge my returning fractal desires while prepping, rather procrastinating, to teach tomorrow's Algebra 2 math class, I explored a puzzle feature of an online math resource site.  Here is the result for comparative purposes to my above vision.  Yes, this may influence you to see the Mandelbrot set at the poolside, too.




As for the other visual treats experienced while playing lifeguard, here are a few, each with their own statement made via processing.  All taken June 7, 2013 with my cell phone.





2 comments:

  1. I would like to have just a tiny portion of your "left" brain :-)

    Love the image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Marianne!! Great to see you in this space! Thank you very much for the surprise. :)))

    You know, I would share a portion of my left brain with you, but I have to hold onto whatever tiny bit that is functioning. lol.

    ReplyDelete