Welcome to Timeline Photos. A few years back I started peeking around my archives in search of some of the first photographs I had taken. Here records my quest into better understanding my long term love of camera and experiencing the world with it in hand. All photos appear in chronological order hopefully revealing an evolution of how I see and what moves me to speak with light.

Images are licensed Creative Commons BY-NC-SA. You are welcome to share an image given that you credit me, Irene Kato, as photographer with mention of my blog link, 'irenekatophotos.blogspot.com'.

Contact irenekatophotos@gmail.com for information about prints, permissions, and on-site assignments. Thank you!!

(Photo credit Phil Monahan of Orvis)


Saturday, June 1, 2013

Fun at Dixie Landing

I went to Baton Rouge's Dixie Landing amusement park tonight with my daughters and our neighbors.  Arrived after 5 for the late day sun and a great ticket discount to hit the rides.  At first most of my time was with my 5 year old seeking out the rides she could go on, but then in an hour or so we were switching off with the bigger kids and parents.  It was lots of fun, and I was impressed with the bravery of my girls as well as the kindness, courtesy and efficiency of the young folks working the rides.

I had my cell and took random shots especially as dusk hit with the ride lights coming on.  I fell in love with my not top of the line cell camera because of the glow of lights it grabs and mood created.  Pop them into Picasa software for some Ortonish effects with a touch of Holga and 1960's effects here and there, and some cool images are created.
















No comments:

Post a Comment