Welcome to Timeline Photos. A few years back I started peeking around my archives in search of some of the first photographs I had taken. Here records my quest into better understanding my long term love of camera and experiencing the world with it in hand. All photos appear in chronological order hopefully revealing an evolution of how I see and what moves me to speak with light.

Images are licensed Creative Commons BY-NC-SA. You are welcome to share an image given that you credit me, Irene Kato, as photographer with mention of my blog link, 'irenekatophotos.blogspot.com'.

Contact irenekatophotos@gmail.com for information about prints, permissions, and on-site assignments. Thank you!!

(Photo credit Phil Monahan of Orvis)


Sunday, January 8, 2012

The Gift





 This morning I planned to go to the local lake to see the visiting pelicans.  A friend had let me borrow his 
f 2.8 70-200mm lens, and I wanted to try some captures with the birds in motion.  Of course I peeked down the street and into the farm fields to gauge what was happening with the sun.  The day before there had been tremendous, and like a magnet, the potential with the fog and rising sun to create something fantastic was there.  I drove by in my car, and sat looking in from the new streets of the development.  Once the sun started breaking through, and this time in full force, the field became a glowing orb of orange gold.  The surrounding trees stayed blue and ready, but within the area came alive with color.

I have images with just the large tree and the sun, but it is this one giving a sense of the expansion that says more.

No comments:

Post a Comment