Welcome to Timeline Photos. A few years back I started peeking around my archives in search of some of the first photographs I had taken. Here records my quest into better understanding my long term love of camera and experiencing the world with it in hand. All photos appear in chronological order hopefully revealing an evolution of how I see and what moves me to speak with light.

Images are licensed Creative Commons BY-NC-SA. You are welcome to share an image given that you credit me, Irene Kato, as photographer with mention of my blog link, 'irenekatophotos.blogspot.com'.

Contact irenekatophotos@gmail.com for information about prints, permissions, and on-site assignments. Thank you!!

(Photo credit Phil Monahan of Orvis)


Saturday, March 16, 2013

Ritual

I will stop, look and watch, even standing on my tippy toes, to watch the sun give us her last glimmer of light.  Whether through a clearing of trees or the florals covering the view, I take pause to participate in the daily ritual shared between Earth and Sun.  

In these images I know the place, time, weather and mood when I turned to face the dimming light.  It was beautiful with the blooming Japanese Magnolias, and I loved the changing pink hues and silhouettes against the golden sky.  

I'm reminded of something I learned in a Native American Studies class in college that always left me exercising my brain and spirit.  Each sunrise, each sunset was celebrated as the original.  Rituals created a time space and oneness with nature, a sense of respect to the sacredness of the act.  What if I was able to tap into their ways and consciously practice such a life?  Maybe in that moment of stopping to feel the setting sun, I receive a gift of knowing a tiny part.












No comments:

Post a Comment