Welcome to Timeline Photos. A few years back I started peeking around my archives in search of some of the first photographs I had taken. Here records my quest into better understanding my long term love of camera and experiencing the world with it in hand. All photos appear in chronological order hopefully revealing an evolution of how I see and what moves me to speak with light.

Images are licensed Creative Commons BY-NC-SA. You are welcome to share an image given that you credit me, Irene Kato, as photographer with mention of my blog link, 'irenekatophotos.blogspot.com'.

Contact irenekatophotos@gmail.com for information about prints, permissions, and on-site assignments. Thank you!!

(Photo credit Phil Monahan of Orvis)


Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Camellia perspective




I scooted home through the back fields today for lunch, and was surprised to see a pretty scattering of camellias.  At first I looked from my standing position but found myself slowly losing altitude as I moved closer and closer to the ground.  The bed of petals provided a much more lovely perspective despite the wet soil.  Wishing that time was endless at that moment I enjoyed imagining setting up a little house within the cover of one of the plants.  It looked like the space was just waiting to welcome some company.

Also seen today was the further greening of the fallen tree on the back edge of the field. Apparently it still has life in it as it works with its roots barely attached and the sun. I'm curious how long its functions will withstand its struggles.


No comments:

Post a Comment