Welcome to Timeline Photos. A few years back I started peeking around my archives in search of some of the first photographs I had taken. Here records my quest into better understanding my long term love of camera and experiencing the world with it in hand. All photos appear in chronological order hopefully revealing an evolution of how I see and what moves me to speak with light.

Images are licensed Creative Commons BY-NC-SA. You are welcome to share an image given that you credit me, Irene Kato, as photographer with mention of my blog link, 'irenekatophotos.blogspot.com'.

Contact irenekatophotos@gmail.com for information about prints, permissions, and on-site assignments. Thank you!!

(Photo credit Phil Monahan of Orvis)


Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Return meanderings

After a long and rare nap, I stepped out earlier than usual with Sparkle for our walk.  I had been wanting to go the field since our return from NJ the day before, and without resistance, Sparkle led the way.  I didn't carry my camera but my cell phone, and I appreciated the opp to take a few pictures with it.  None in my collection were from my cell, and I thought it would be interesting to have a different look.  Well, field exploration ended up being minimal, and we found ourselves headed towards the middle school property which sits adjacent to the farm property.  I'm not sure what led her there, but it was such a great open space for views of the simple and pretty sky.   The colors were such swirls of summer, and the high humidity created a wonderful glow of  light.   There's something about these that I really appreciate, and possibly it's the feel of me coming back into myself following my trip.  The transition always takes time, and I'm not sure that it's ever complete.  Either way, this space helps me find the way.










The falling apart basketball hoops caught me eye, too.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment