Welcome to Timeline Photos. A few years back I started peeking around my archives in search of some of the first photographs I had taken. Here records my quest into better understanding my long term love of camera and experiencing the world with it in hand. All photos appear in chronological order hopefully revealing an evolution of how I see and what moves me to speak with light.

Images are licensed Creative Commons BY-NC-SA. You are welcome to share an image given that you credit me, Irene Kato, as photographer with mention of my blog link, 'irenekatophotos.blogspot.com'.

Contact irenekatophotos@gmail.com for information about prints, permissions, and on-site assignments. Thank you!!

(Photo credit Phil Monahan of Orvis)


Friday, July 20, 2012

Wonderland






I usually feel my photos back in the moment taken when titling them, and 'Wonderland' popped into my head when remembering the flight I took with my girls today.  Three hours in a plane on nada sleep after waking at 4 AM and trekking it for over an hour to the airport, with two young girls, technically could have been disastrous.  We were possibly too tired to even be unhappy so releasing ourselves to the fact helped us avoid meltdowns and be open to creative entertainment.  Watching the formation of ice crystals on the window worked for us, and I took plenty of photos of the fractal delicacies on their own against the blue.  When my four year old held her hand against them it was a 'wow' for both of us.  She didn't tire of her investigation quickly allowing us to spend some time in that state of curiosity.  The photo reminds me of the 'wonderland' in the skies and of our minds, too. 

The title alone could work, yet I thought there might be a good quote to keep to it company.  It was a fun to find this one by author Vera Nazarian via a google search of 'wonderland'.  :)  Little connections and coincidences of imagination.


“Frost grows on the window glass, forming whorl patterns of lovely translucent geometry.

Breathe on the glass, and you give frost more ammunition.

Now it can build castles and cities and whole ice continents with your breath’s vapor.

In a few blinks you can almost see the winter fairies moving in . . .

But first, you hear the crackle of their wings.” ― Vera Nazarian, The Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration



2 comments:

  1. Just when I think I have a favorite "Irene" photo you post more beautiful ones. The rainbows are gorgeous but this one really resonates with me. I love how the little hand looks large compared to the tiny ice crystals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to see you again, Victoria. Thank you always. I do have to get back into the groove of posting more frequently knowing that you're here. :)

      Delete