Welcome to Timeline Photos. A few years back I started peeking around my archives in search of some of the first photographs I had taken. Here records my quest into better understanding my long term love of camera and experiencing the world with it in hand. All photos appear in chronological order hopefully revealing an evolution of how I see and what moves me to speak with light.

Images are licensed Creative Commons BY-NC-SA. You are welcome to share an image given that you credit me, Irene Kato, as photographer with mention of my blog link, 'irenekatophotos.blogspot.com'.

Contact irenekatophotos@gmail.com for information about prints, permissions, and on-site assignments. Thank you!!

(Photo credit Phil Monahan of Orvis)


Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Photo provided by Irene Kato :D






It made it!!  Page 2b in today's Advocate!  :)

Many thanks to The Advocate's Photo Chief John Ballance.  I appreciate his calls and attention to my set of  eclipse photos.  As of last night none of the images made the cut, but I was informed otherwise this morning by a friend.  I'll never forget my lesson about getting everyone's names that appear in my photos.  The 'man with the pinhole solar eclipse' viewer goes down in history.  That photo was the one most likely to be selected, but because I didn't have the man's name it couldn't.  I was crushed then embarrassed that I'd take the editor's time by submitting an image that had a risk of not qualifying.  Lesson learned and learned well.  Nice to have this appear as a follow-up lesson about going for it.

Either way my feelings told me that I care about this hobby and like seeing it go somewhere.  Time to be more conscious and committed with my actions.  My friends and family keep cheering me on, now I have to listen to myself and believe in cheering, too.  :)

5.28.12
A special thanks to friend, Marla Elsea, and her husband, Tim.  I now have a photo print of page 2B in my hands and I'm always appreciative of their support.  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment