Welcome to Timeline Photos. A few years back I started peeking around my archives in search of some of the first photographs I had taken. Here records my quest into better understanding my long term love of camera and experiencing the world with it in hand. All photos appear in chronological order hopefully revealing an evolution of how I see and what moves me to speak with light.

Images are licensed Creative Commons BY-NC-SA. You are welcome to share an image given that you credit me, Irene Kato, as photographer with mention of my blog link, 'irenekatophotos.blogspot.com'.

Contact irenekatophotos@gmail.com for information about prints, permissions, and on-site assignments. Thank you!!

(Photo credit Phil Monahan of Orvis)


Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I speak for the trees


 I walked out on my own tonight to finally inspect which trees came down over the past couple of days.  It was dark, but I was able to see that the few trees that sat near the 'entry' into the back field are gone with the grass now with dirt in its place.  It's shocking to see, and will be even harder to look at in the morning.  I'd like to return to listen for the song birds that usually sat in the trees that were knocked down.  Where did they go?  Did they escape harms way? 

I continue to hear "The Lorax" quotes in my head as I go along.  This one brings together my concern for the wildlife that lived there:

The Lorax: Yes, I am the Lorax who speaks for the trees, which you seem to be chopping as fast as you please. But I'm also in charge of the brown Bar-ba-loots, who played in the shade in their Bar-ba-loot suits and happily lived eating truffula fruits. Now, thanks to your hacking my trees to the ground, there's not enough truffula fruit to go 'round!
The Once-ler: I see your point. Yes, I do see your point.
The Lorax: They loved living here. But I can't let them stay. They'll have to find food, and I hope that they may. Good luck, boys! Good luck!







No comments:

Post a Comment