Welcome to Timeline Photos. A few years back I started peeking around my archives in search of some of the first photographs I had taken. Here records my quest into better understanding my long term love of camera and experiencing the world with it in hand. All photos appear in chronological order hopefully revealing an evolution of how I see and what moves me to speak with light.

Images are licensed Creative Commons BY-NC-SA. You are welcome to share an image given that you credit me, Irene Kato, as photographer with mention of my blog link, 'irenekatophotos.blogspot.com'.

Contact irenekatophotos@gmail.com for information about prints, permissions, and on-site assignments. Thank you!!

(Photo credit Phil Monahan of Orvis)


Saturday, March 5, 2011

Fire Man







And he stopped.  Right in front of me.  Fire Man took a big swig of his special fire starter drink, spout it out of him like a whale, and ignited it with his torch.  Right in front of me.

Last night the Southdowns Mardi Gras parade rolled through our neighborhood.  Every year there are our usual favorites, and this time around Fire Man made his appearance again.  As he approached our group, I thought it would be very cool if did his fire breathing for us.  When he slowed down and stopped, my heart started to race because I was thinking, "Irene - don't screw up this shot." It was almost as if he and I were reading one another.  As I was lifting the camera, he was lifting his bottle to his mouth.  As I kicked into taking the shots, he created the spectacle of light.  Yes, it was very cool, and it was even better when I saw the images.

No comments:

Post a Comment