Welcome to Timeline Photos. A few years back I started peeking around my archives in search of some of the first photographs I had taken. Here records my quest into better understanding my long term love of camera and experiencing the world with it in hand. All photos appear in chronological order hopefully revealing an evolution of how I see and what moves me to speak with light.

Images are licensed Creative Commons BY-NC-SA. You are welcome to share an image given that you credit me, Irene Kato, as photographer with mention of my blog link, 'irenekatophotos.blogspot.com'.

Contact irenekatophotos@gmail.com for information about prints, permissions, and on-site assignments. Thank you!!

(Photo credit Phil Monahan of Orvis)


Tuesday, March 29, 2011

In the rain with our Azaleas and Live Oak Tree

Before the storm




Hitting the ground from within the Azaleas





With word of an incoming storm, I grabbed my camera to photograph what was left of the Azaleas underneath our Live Oak.  I hadn't done so yet this season, and I knew that this storm was going to wipe out the flowers.  With the sky gray and the light filtered, the greens and floras were brilliant reminding me of my favorite days in a rain forest years back.  My mood expanded with happiness as the rains came, pouring onto the petals, the earth, and me.  Even when the scene turned biblical, I stayed under the safety of the tree and my daughter's small umbrella.  I wiped my camera frequently, but didn't run inside because it felt so right being out there.  Totally soaked with the storm subsiding, I thought to myself that this was one of the best Azaleas with Live Oak sessions to date.  Thank you Rain.

The scene from our front porch




Me.


1 comment:

  1. The flowers are gorgeous but I think my favorite is the scene from the front porch. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete