Welcome to Timeline Photos. A few years back I started peeking around my archives in search of some of the first photographs I had taken. Here records my quest into better understanding my long term love of camera and experiencing the world with it in hand. All photos appear in chronological order hopefully revealing an evolution of how I see and what moves me to speak with light.

Images are licensed Creative Commons BY-NC-SA. You are welcome to share an image given that you credit me, Irene Kato, as photographer with mention of my blog link, 'irenekatophotos.blogspot.com'.

Contact irenekatophotos@gmail.com for information about prints, permissions, and on-site assignments. Thank you!!

(Photo credit Phil Monahan of Orvis)


Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Morning egret

I finally strapped on the camera today for my ride into work with the intention of taking pics of the students.  Upward Bound's summer session ends on Monday, so its appearance was way overdue.   I got to use it way before seeing the kids as my morning egret friend was sitting it the pine catching the rising sun.  It had made the same appearance once or twice before, and each time it had been such a treat to catch it sitting high.  Seeing it again while toting my camera was a sweet surprise, and without hesitation I jumped off to grab some shots.  Despite doing my best with my sleuth photo stalking skills, it sensed me and flew away after a few minutes or so.  I did have enough time, though, to appreciate the show of subtle light in the curve of its neck.  Ooh, I so enjoyed it, along with the long, wispy feathers gently sitting on the ends of its wings.

Let us see if it will be there again "knowing" that I'll have my camera with me while keeping out a watchful eye.




No comments:

Post a Comment