Welcome to Timeline Photos. A few years back I started peeking around my archives in search of some of the first photographs I had taken. Here records my quest into better understanding my long term love of camera and experiencing the world with it in hand. All photos appear in chronological order hopefully revealing an evolution of how I see and what moves me to speak with light.

Images are licensed Creative Commons BY-NC-SA. You are welcome to share an image given that you credit me, Irene Kato, as photographer with mention of my blog link, 'irenekatophotos.blogspot.com'.

Contact irenekatophotos@gmail.com for information about prints, permissions, and on-site assignments. Thank you!!

(Photo credit Phil Monahan of Orvis)


Sunday, March 29, 2015

Big Sam's Funky Nation!!



Back in Baton Rouge and topping off the Arts Council's Fest for All this past weekend was Big Sam's Funky Nation!  Toot, toot!!  It had been way toooooo long since our city rocked out to their awesome sounds, and folks really had a great time.

I jumped into the last hour of his set, took some shots, and danced a good groove!

With the Tambourine Lady

You just have to participate with Big Sam!













End of show satisfaction.  Check out that smile!

Viva NOLA!!!






Note:  When Big Sam pointed at me while taking a shot, I was very much reminded of Big Sam's 2010 visit to Sunday in the Park Baton Rouge.  That time it was sun glare shooting across the frame. This time my focus didn't grab his hand.  Next time?  :)))

Big Sam's Funky Nation - Sunday in the Park 2010







No comments:

Post a Comment