Welcome to Timeline Photos. A few years back I started peeking around my archives in search of some of the first photographs I had taken. Here records my quest into better understanding my long term love of camera and experiencing the world with it in hand. All photos appear in chronological order hopefully revealing an evolution of how I see and what moves me to speak with light.

Images are licensed Creative Commons BY-NC-SA. You are welcome to share an image given that you credit me, Irene Kato, as photographer with mention of my blog link, 'irenekatophotos.blogspot.com'.

Contact irenekatophotos@gmail.com for information about prints, permissions, and on-site assignments. Thank you!!

(Photo credit Phil Monahan of Orvis)


Friday, October 18, 2013

Find your way


I welcomed the return to the familiar space of the farm fields during a walk home at the end of the work week.  I didn't expect to step into the same as I had left it, probably months earlier, and things changed because of the continued construction.  What was a tunnel of tall green trees, now lay only covered from one side with the other bare and open.  Natural landmarks disappeared into the twine and tangle of thorny bush and overgrowth.  I was still able to sense my old path, yet it felt like something unknown and unexplored.  A fallen tree still remained and its large exposed roots and trunk guided me to opening edge of the vegetation.  I anticipated stepping into the more open back field, and when I finally made my way and looked toward the sun, it filtered through a lovely gathering of branches and leaves.  Almost like coming up for air and releasing myself, I pulled myself through and out, and into the clear.

Know and follow you instincts...


No comments:

Post a Comment