Welcome to Timeline Photos. A few years back I started peeking around my archives in search of some of the first photographs I had taken. Here records my quest into better understanding my long term love of camera and experiencing the world with it in hand. All photos appear in chronological order hopefully revealing an evolution of how I see and what moves me to speak with light.

Images are licensed Creative Commons BY-NC-SA. You are welcome to share an image given that you credit me, Irene Kato, as photographer with mention of my blog link, 'irenekatophotos.blogspot.com'.

Contact irenekatophotos@gmail.com for information about prints, permissions, and on-site assignments. Thank you!!

(Photo credit Phil Monahan of Orvis)


Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Vigil for Michael Brown and Police Shooting Victims - LSU Amphitheater



The crowd gathered in peace at the LSU Amphitheater in community and support while listening to speakers share their insights and feelings.  One young man wearing a sweatshirt which read "Don't Shoot" expressed anger and frustration.  A "We are tired!" chant from the crowd followed.



During the reading of names of people killed by police shootings and the details surrounding their death, this man stood and supported himself in silence.

At the end of the vigil, those in attendance were invited to share a few words.  A number of people spoke, and one women in particular strongly urged continued meetings of the college community.  They will meet again at LSU.

More information about the vigil and meetings can be found at FB's Michael Brown Vigil.

The Advocate article  Crowd gathers for peaceful Michael Brown memorial on LSU campus

WBRZ TV report

1 comment:

  1. I have such mixed emotions about this incident. I feel terrible that anyone should lose their life because people are profiled yet I do feel that people as individuals should be accountable for their actions and not as a race or culture but as individuals. Just as I feel for the Brown family I also feel for the store owner who Brown blatantly robbed and tormented. I certainly do not feel that anyone should ever lose their life over a robbery or any petty crime ever, but I do feel that one should be held accountable for his actions and that includes the officer as well as victim.

    ReplyDelete