Welcome to Timeline Photos. A few years back I started peeking around my archives in search of some of the first photographs I had taken. Here records my quest into better understanding my long term love of camera and experiencing the world with it in hand. All photos appear in chronological order hopefully revealing an evolution of how I see and what moves me to speak with light.

Images are licensed Creative Commons BY-NC-SA. You are welcome to share an image given that you credit me, Irene Kato, as photographer with mention of my blog link, 'irenekatophotos.blogspot.com'.

Contact irenekatophotos@gmail.com for information about prints, permissions, and on-site assignments. Thank you!!

(Photo credit Phil Monahan of Orvis)


Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Smell that pink!

After a day of teaching and zooming off to take my girls to their afternoon activity, moments of quiet refuel me.  I hadn't been taking the time to still myself lately, but on this given day my body and mind made me stop.  I sat in the car for about 20 minutes or so allowing myself to do nothing but sit.  The late afternoon was so lovely that I finally got out for a little walk, and found myself gravitating towards and strolling through blooming Japanese magnolias.  So, so fragrant and welcoming, and once again I allowed myself just to be, looking up at the blue sky with them enjoying their beauty and floral expressions.  Not having my DSLR was fine, but I couldn't resist taking a few pics with my cellphone.  I really enjoyed myself and appreciated.  I topped off the experience with a treat at a local restaurant - an Abita Andygator beer with 1/2 dozen raw oysters.  Ah...required rejuvenation of spirit.





No comments:

Post a Comment