Welcome to Timeline Photos. A few years back I started peeking around my archives in search of some of the first photographs I had taken. Here records my quest into better understanding my long term love of camera and experiencing the world with it in hand. All photos appear in chronological order hopefully revealing an evolution of how I see and what moves me to speak with light.

Images are licensed Creative Commons BY-NC-SA. You are welcome to share an image given that you credit me, Irene Kato, as photographer with mention of my blog link, 'irenekatophotos.blogspot.com'.

Contact irenekatophotos@gmail.com for information about prints, permissions, and on-site assignments. Thank you!!

(Photo credit Phil Monahan of Orvis)


Friday, January 4, 2013

With camellias








How could I not return to the secret garden the following day?  It was another cool, vibrant day, and the camelias welcomed me into their cove of colors and fallen blooms.  I love having to bend to walk past them and then looking up as they tower above.  Their pinks, whites, and reds popped against the bright blue sky and greens of their leaves.  The bees were very active amongst them, too, and I actually saw a couple rolling around the stamens like little puppies with one another.  There is no other to enjoy them besides the little creatures, and probably many years ago they had the company of a gardener or children.  Now I am the one who gets to sneak a peek now and then, and it's a wonderful treat and very uplifting for me. 

These deserved some captures with my DSLR instead of my cell on the previous visit.  I shot them as RAW files, and the top and bottom shared here are #SOOC - straight out of the camera.  The light was so lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment