Welcome to Timeline Photos. A few years back I started peeking around my archives in search of some of the first photographs I had taken. Here records my quest into better understanding my long term love of camera and experiencing the world with it in hand. All photos appear in chronological order hopefully revealing an evolution of how I see and what moves me to speak with light.

Images are licensed Creative Commons BY-NC-SA. You are welcome to share an image given that you credit me, Irene Kato, as photographer with mention of my blog link, 'irenekatophotos.blogspot.com'.

Contact irenekatophotos@gmail.com for information about prints, permissions, and on-site assignments. Thank you!!

(Photo credit Phil Monahan of Orvis)


Monday, December 5, 2011

Beyond dead ends





Our walk last night brought us to the dead end right by the entry to the farm fields.  My young daughter was with me, and we stopped to listen to the sounds of the night.  We were surprised to hear frogs so late in the season, but maybe the warm temps brought them out for a bit.  Sparkle tugged to keep moving on, but with the ground wet from a light rain and the stroller, I didn't go further.  We sat, observed, then took a few flash shots of the dead end sign.  At first I wanted to stay stabilized to avoid camera shake, and then I had to let go of that as my daughter leaned on me for hugs.  I liked the results of shooting with flash, then intentionally moving the camera up and down or back and forth.  Of course my daughter wanted to try it, too, and the second photo above is hers.  It's one of my favorites out of the set, and got me looking at the tree in the background.  I then started shooting trees without the flash moving the camera up or down to 'paint' with the light and shapes.   Out of a handful attempts, I like the one of the pine the best.  It might be the darkness or just the novelty of it all, but it's something that will get me out there experimenting again.

No comments:

Post a Comment