Welcome to Timeline Photos. A few years back I started peeking around my archives in search of some of the first photographs I had taken. Here records my quest into better understanding my long term love of camera and experiencing the world with it in hand. All photos appear in chronological order hopefully revealing an evolution of how I see and what moves me to speak with light.

Images are licensed Creative Commons BY-NC-SA. You are welcome to share an image given that you credit me, Irene Kato, as photographer with mention of my blog link, 'irenekatophotos.blogspot.com'.

Contact irenekatophotos@gmail.com for information about prints, permissions, and on-site assignments. Thank you!!

(Photo credit Phil Monahan of Orvis)


Saturday, January 7, 2012

Worship










I ran back to the tree line with the moss when I saw the splinter of orange light coming through the clouds and fog.  I moved back and forth to prepare, to look, and absorb the look of the Spanish moss in the tree limbs.  I was preparing for something, knew to look and go towards it. When the sun burst through I was spellbound by the light being held by the air, and as it became brighter I put my arms out wide like the trees and breathed.  I heard one of my father's favorite sayings, "I'm high on life!", that he exclaimed during special moments.  Actually I should say I felt the words as the sun continued to light up the sky and everything amped up the beauty around me.  I cried, too, because the feelings were so strong and the scene so powerful.

Somehow in a state of awe I photographed a collection of images I call "Worship".  The trees limbs reach up like arms to the sky as if celebrating.  I didn't see the effects of placing the sun behind the center trunk until viewing them at home with the center tree trunk in the darkest shadow and the limbs in the light.  The first image is shared because it is the burst of light that first illuminated the space.  I selected the second because the sky and intricacies of the trees are visible, as well as a feeling of the fog in the air.  I have others that I'm still brewing on, and these could all possibly switch around.  Right now, these two represent the moment with the sun.




No comments:

Post a Comment